Wednesday 28 March 2012

Agostino Arrivabene

Italian traditional painter Agostino Arrivabene's work is technically amazing and deeply moving. His work is like a disturbing surreal dream, one that is already slipping back into our subconscious. Like those startling moments just as you wake and remember only fleeting fragments of your dreaming, during which we the viewer are suspended between one reality and the other.

"I would like to stress the fact that my visionary vein stems from a mystical research: in my experience visions have always a mystical background, they are a strong communication line with the eternal, the mysterious and the infinity above us. As a man, I prefer to think of myself as a shaman, who throws prophecies to the world, who discloses messages and images concealing higher and wider meanings. At first these can be quite obscure even to myself, but as time goes by or through the sequence of works to come, they show their meaning." Agostino Arrivabene 













BeautifulBizzzzarre
Beautiful
Bizarre
Art

 

No comments:

Post a Comment